10 Things Running-October Edition
Updated: Feb 5, 2019
It is time for 10 Things Running again. This month is a hodgepodge of things.
1. First up, check out this story about a 70 year old woman who was amazing at the Chicago Marathon!! I feel so slow and pathetic!!
2. Next up is about a guy that got faster at running by improving his run time to Starbucks every day!! As you all know I love Starbucks so this story was really enjoyable for me to read! My Starbucks that I run to is almost exactly the same distance from my house! Maybe I need to take a page out of his book.
This picture gives you an idea of my love for coffee. I got it from someone's Facebook page in a group I'm in.
3. Some of these running falls are pretty funny! Check them out here.
4. I just joined the Holiday Challenge from Jenny Hadfield. It is from November 1 until January 1. It is to help keep off that holiday weight! I have done this on my own a few times, this is the first time I have signed up on a website. I like her website and the information she puts out and the best thing was it was only $15!!! I decided it would be nice to hold myself accountable to someone besides myself. If anyone else signs up let me know so I know who I am in the challenge with!!
5. This next one is also from Jenny's website. She does running vacations which I LOVE!! She has some cruises where you go to running events and sight see and run 4 races by the time you are done. This is my kind of vacation! Here is a link to the Alaskan Cruise if you want to check it out. I am seriously thinking of doing one of her running vacations some day!!
6. I'm not sure how I feel about this one. Read this article about the Boston Marathon changing their qualifying times for the 2020 race. Now, besides just running a qualifying time you will have to beat your qualifying time by 4 minutes and 52 seconds! It is hard enough to run that qualifying time, apply and find out you still didn't get in but now to have to run almost 5 minutes faster than that qualifying time to even get to apply. I am not saying I have an answer to their dilemma but I am not sure I like this.
7. During this time of year I LOVE Pumpkin Spice Everything!! This article on Active.com has Pumpkin spice everything for runners.
8. Check out this article on predicting when runners will hit the wall in a marathon. Of course it is not absolutely conclusive as there are so many variables in a marathon but still interesting.
9. Mental toughness during the marathon is something every runner needs when they run a marathon. Here is an article with some tips.
Well, that wraps it up for this month! I hope you enjoy reading these. Have a great rest of the weekend!