10 Things Running, September
Updated: Feb 5, 2019
Well, it is time for 10 things running again. Because it is half time at the Broncos-Raiders game I need to be quick with this.
So, let's get started.
1. First up is my friend Barbara and her husband making their qualifying times for Boston. Woo hoo!!
2. Second is from the same family, literally. Their son, just did his first Half-Ironman and did awesome!!! This comes not only after having a stress fracture in his hip and having to heal from that but also after wiping out on his bike just prior to race day!! Snaps for Stephen!!
3. Number 3 today is a HUGE one in running. Eliud Kipchoge smashed the world record in Berlin today with 2:01:39, a new world mark by 1 minute 18 seconds.
OMG! How amazing is that??? This blows my mind.
4. I had a great last long run this past Friday. I got in 19 miles and finished feeling good. My legs were recovered enough to get in 5.5 today without any leg pain.
5. A few pics from my run on Friday. I explored some new trails.
6. This is not really a running one but I saw this right at the beginning of my run as I was walking to the trailhead. I think he had a hard night of partying!! You should not dumpster binge eat!!
7. A few quotes I am liking this week:
“‘I breathe in strength and breathe out weakness,’ is my mantra during marathons—it calms me down and helps me focus.” – Amy Hastings
“I often hear someone say I’m not a real runner. We are all runners, some just run faster than others. I never met a fake runner.” – Bart Yasso
“Run. Because zombies will eat the untrained ones first!” – Zombie Apocalypse Survival Guide
8. This one is something my friend Barbara said to me about her self talk during her recent Santa Rosa marathon in which she beat her time needed to qualify for Boston by 9 minutes. She said she kept telling herself to push with her glutes and she focused on her 3-2 breathing: in for 3 out for 2. She said this got her through the marathon and without pain! Woo hoo!
9. The 7 day Marathon Meal Plan from the Run Fast Eat Slow website.
10. This one is also from the Run Fast, Eat Slow website: Fall Favorites for Runners.
Well, that wraps it up. The game is back on and I am super irritated by a terrible call!!! Ok, I have to go! Have a great rest of your Sunday. Go Broncos!!